Every cricketing fan's dream - a pocket guide to the game to cheer you up while your team is losing again! Complete with cartoons, this book combines groan-inducing puns of the British pre-war variety with some more contemporary cricket-speak and occasional quotes.
- The village cricket team: eleven men and a load of flannel
- The Bowler's appealing but the umpire's not interested
- Cricket's the only game where if there's a fire, you try to save the Ashes
- You can tell a cricketer's answer phone: it always says he's "not out"
- Dracula is something of an all-rounder - several maidens to his name and an impressive bat
- "Cricket is basically baseball on valium" - Robin Williams
- "October's the month when the cricket fan realises their spouse left them in May" - Denis Norden