Giles Greaves takes a slice at the whole game and puts the boot in - where it hurts. Packed into this little illustrated book are 250 humorous, bawdy, sharp observations about everyone's favourite game - and many one-liners you won't be able to resist repeating on the terraces. Contents of this book include:
- There's nothing more fun than being miserable with 20,000 others.
- Managers leave the way they arrive: fired with enthusiasm.
- Be kind to referees - give their guide dogs a drink of water.
- Some teams are best watched on teletext.
- Most strikers are like jigsaws: once in the box they go to pieces.