Forty Years in the Australian Finance Industry.
First book in the 'Business Lives' series.
Jim Bain recently retired after 40 years' service in the finance sector in Sydney. He has been one of the most influential businessmen in the history of Australian banking. The story of Bain and Co, and Jim's involvement in the post-war growth in financial services, is an important economic and social commentary.
The author offers insights into:
- The movement from Melbourne to Sydney as the financial headquarters of Australia
- Alan Bond and the Santos affair
- Lloyd's activities in Australia
- The Poseidon boom
- The Leopold Minerals disaster
- The influence of J B Were and Sons
This book is an in-depth look at one of Australia's best business minds.