Applied Dimensional Analysis and Modeling provides the full mathematical background and step-by-step procedures for employing dimensional analyses, along with a wide range of applications to problems in engineering and applied science, such as fluid dynamics, heat flow, electromagnetics, astronomy and economics. This new edition offers additional worked-out examples in mechanics, physics, geometry, hydrodynamics, and biometry.
* Covers 4 essential aspects and applications:
- principal characteristics of dimensional systems
- applications of dimensional techniques in engineering, mathematics and geometry
- applications in biosciences, biometry and economics
- applications in astronomy and physics
* Offers more than 250 worked-out examples and problems with solutions
* Provides detailed descriptions of techniques of both dimensional analysis and dimensional modeling