Every pregnant woman's essential, step-by-step guide to taking charge of their labour and birth by Australia's leading expert in advanced labour pain management with her best-known client, Sarah Murdoch.
In 'Birth Skills', obstetric physiotherapist Juju Sundin shares the techniques she has pioneered over her 30-year career, while Sarah Murdoch takes you on a personal journey of her own labour and birth, describing how she learned the skills in the class then applied them. Whether it's your first baby or lucky last, you will learn:
- How your body works in labour and why
- How to turn fear into positive action so you stay in control
- How to use movement, breathing, vocalisation, visualisation, keywords and other handy techniques
- What to wear, what to take, and what questions to ask
- How your partner can help, working as a team
- Other women's experiences using Juju's techniques.
- Publication Date:
- 01 / 04 / 2007
- 210 x 220mm