Preserving Australia's native wildlife is an important issue facing all Australians today. We all have a role to play in protecting our precious wildlife and minimising the effect of urban and rural sprawl on the environment.
This book is an accessible and practical guide outlining the numerous dangers facing our native animals and how to care for the sick and injured, including:
- The appropriate food and shelter necessary to aid rehabilitation;
- Emergency care and first-aid for native mammals, birds and reptiles;
- Case studies detailing how injury to native animals can occur and ways to prevent it;
- The best time to release recovering animals back into the wild;
- How to hand-rear orphaned animals;
- The natural habitat and diet of various Australian species; and
- Home-made recipes that proved the required nutrients to injured animals.
Charming black-and-white illustrations, comprehensive appendices and various feature boxes incorporating answers to commonly asked questions about native animals complement the authoritative text. This book is the definitive guide for anyone wishing to protect and care for Australia's amazing wildlife.