Bottom line: For a holistic view of chemical engineering design, this book provides as much, if not more, than any other book available on the topic.
--Extract from Chemical Engineering Resources review.
Chemical Engineering Design is one of the best-known and widely adopted texts available for students of chemical engineering. It deals with the application of chemical engineering principles to the design of chemical processes and equipment. Revised throughout, this US edition has been specifically developed for the US market. It covers the latest aspects of process design, operations, safety, loss prevention and equipment selection, among others. Comprehensive in coverage, exhaustive in detail, it is supported by extensive problems and a separate solutions manual for adopting tutors and lecturers. In addition, the book is widely used by professions as a day-to-day reference.
* Provides students with a text of unmatched relevance for the Senior Design Course and Introductory Chemical Engineering Courses
* Teaches commercial engineering tools for simulation and costing
* Comprehensive coverage of unit operations, design and economics
Strong emphasis on HS&E issues, codes and standards, including API, ASME and ISA design codes and ANSI standards
* 108 realistic commercial design projects from diverse industries
* A rigorous pedagogy assists learning, with detailed worked examples, end of chapter exercises, plus supporting data and Excel spreadsheet calculations plus over 150 Patent References, for downloading from the companion website
* Extensive instructor resources: 1170 lecture slides on CD plus fully worked solutions manual