Feel the warmth and delight of Christmas past in this lushly illustrated book capturing the nostalgia, charm, and sparkling beauty of vintage holiday decorations.
Ralph and David focus their wit and camera lense on the charming vintage decorations that have made Christmas so memorable over the years. This enchanting collection captures the wonder and beauty and will re-kindle the child-like wonder that Christmas has inspired over the years.
This title includes:
* Celluloid light-up Santas, snowmen, music-box churches, angel tree-toppers (with foil wings and glowing halos!).
* Five-and-dime nativity sets (from tiny plastic ones to the "fancier" models!).
* Odd ceramic figurines. These used to be found lurking around in homemade snowdrifts atop TV sets and on martini carts all across the country.
* Putz houses - the little glittery paper villages that sprung up from the 30s to the 60s.
* Pine cone people elves, pixies, angels, snowmen, and Santas.
- Publication Date:
- 25 / 10 / 2006
- 173 x 174mm