Expanded, Revised & Re-Illustrated Edition
An authoritative history and the essential manual for all rose growers and rose lovers, this book identifies and describes all the species, cultivars and varieties that have stood the test of time, including the ancient Chinese teas, the York and Lancaster roses, the Provence and Bourbon roses, and the humble and hardy rugosas.
It is a grower's guide to buying, propagation, feeding and pruning of old roses and important hybrids, shrub roses and climbers. This new edition includes:
- a dictionary of history, breeding, characteristics, flowering frequency, scent, fruit, foliage, and much more;
- roses in the landscape;
- cultivation and nurture
- roses grown for their fruit and foliage
- care and protection from pests and disease
- evolution of major species around the world and their classification
- 12 maps showing origin and distribution of roses
- height, colour charts and bibliography.
- Publication Date:
- 01 / 10 / 1997
- 199 x 285 x 49mm