Three Books In One.
A new edition of the essential thesaurus for success in writing in all school subjects, from starting secondary to completing exam coursework.
- Easy-to-use format with alphabetical indicator on each page
- Clear open layout makes it easy to find information
- Thousands of synonyms and antonyms based on Bank of English evidence of which words are actually used in current English
- Short definitions for all main entry words guide users to the right sense Examples for all synonyms show how they are used and help students choose the right one for their context
- Word Power feature helps extend students' vocabulary at the next level
- Themed lists encourage students to use a wider range of words in their written work
- Antonyms feature offers an alternative way of expressing ideas
- Terms from curriculum subjects included
- Extra help given to help students avoid over-use of very common words
- Designed to be the companion to the successful 'Collins New School Dictionary'
- Publication Date:
- 01 / 12 / 2003
- 131 x 216mm