The world's leading Concise Spanish/English Dictionary, revised to include the most up-to-date language in both Spanish and English.
The new 'Collins Spanish Concise' is based on the latest edition of the 'Collins Spanish Dictionary' and has additional features which will help users speak and write natural, accurate Spanish. With its clear colour presentation, it is the most user-friendly Spanish dictionary available for upper-intermediate to advanced learners.
The Spanish Concise contains guidance on the pronunciation of words that are likely to cause problems, and warnings against "faux amis", i.e. those words which look familiar, but do not mean what one would expect. Numerous grammar tips clarify points that students may be uncertain about and which commonly cause problems. It is a very practical book - ideal for upper-intermediate to advanced learners at school, college or in the world of business. It contains over 150,000 references, including the latest business and Internet vocabulary. New to this edition are Internet links to useful and informative websites in English and in Spanish.
Information in the new Spanish Concise is presented in an approachable way: complicated terminology is avoided and learners are helped to find what they are looking for quickly and easily. Important phrases are highlighted so that they will catch the user's eye even if they are part of a long and complex entry.
The fifth edition includes in-depth coverage of entries relating to Spanish life and culture, as well as a revised version of the acclaimed "Spanish in Action" section.
- Updated text, covering all the latest vocabulary
- Over 150,000 references and 240,000 translations
- Full coverage of American English and Latin American Spanish
- Clear, attractive colour layout
- Now with Internet links to useful and informative websites in English and in Spanish
- Tailored to the needs of upper-intermediate to advanced learners
- Innovative, user-friendly presentation
- Complex entries easier to navigate
- Help to avoid common translation mistakes
- Warnings against "faux amis"
- Special entries on Spain and the Spanish-speaking world
- Spanish in Action supplement