This up-to-date edition provides comprehensive, wide-ranging coverage of today's English, including thousands of essential encyclopedic facts. It shows language in a way that makes it clear and relevant to today's users.
- modern meanings first
- clearly expressed, detailed definitions
- thousands of new words and meanings
- full etymologies, which cite the century of the first known occurrence of the word in English
- helpful usage notes
- encyclopedic entries including people, places, institutions and concepts
- special interest subjects such as science, computing, business, arts and sport.
- Publication Date:
- 16 / 10 / 1998
- 195 x 270mm