Cats can seem to be the easiest household pet to own due to their independent nature, however there is a lot to consider when choosing and caring for a pet cat or kitten. 'Collins need to know? Cat Care' gives practical advice on how to choose a cat or kitten, housing, feeding and grooming your cat and gives you a better understanding of its behaviour. There is also a useful section on healthcare. This indispensable handbook is packed with information and advice to help you ensure that your cat stays happy and healthy throughout its nine lives!
• Choosing a Cat: popular breeds; selection process; important health checks
• The Kitten: handling a kitten; indoor and outdoor safety; kitten health and exercise
• The Adult Cat: handling and grooming; hygiene and diet; travelling and moving
• Cat Behaviour: communicating with your cat; body language; behaviour including aggression and scratching
• Healthcare: health problems including dental, eye, nose and tummy; nutritional and internal problems; nursing a sick cat and first aid