'Need to know? First Aid' is an invaluable first aid guide, compiled by and with the advice of experts responsible for training the emergency services – fire, ambulance and police – to ensure its practical focus. It is easy to navigate and provides a reassuring back-up when something goes wrong. Whether it is dressing a cut finger or giving the ‘kiss of life’, the guidance is there to ensure that first aid can be given safely and with confidence.
- Essential information on first aid
- Life-saving procedures
- Quick reference for emergencies
- First aid equipment and supplies to keep at hand
- How to dress wounds and move a victim safely
- How to deal with more than 100 specific injuries and situations, from a friction blister to a broken bone, from a road accident to a heart attack
Illustrated in colour throughout, this practical book gives you all the information you need to know in case of a first aid emergency in a concise and accessible way. With a copy of 'Need to Know? First Aid' at hand, every household, office and organisation will be a safer place.