A Practical Course in Pastel Painting to Develop Skills and Confidence.
This book is part of the 'Collins Painting Workshop' series for the leisure painter, in which the approach to learning to paint is based on active 'hands-on' participation by the student. This approach combines instructional teaching by a professional artist with practical exercises and projects which are specifically designed to encourage students to develop their own style and ideas, rather than just copying those of other artists.
The book features:
- Projects: including a system of self-assessment to monitor progress.
- Exercises: including several step-by-step demonstrations.
- Techniques: comprehensive guidelines on materials and methods.
- Practical Tips: helpful hints and checklists.
- Ideas: still life, flowers and gardens, landscapes, seascapes, figures and abstracts.
- Inspiration: a wide selection of paintings to show different styles and techniques.
- Publication Date:
- 01 / 03 / 2003
- 210 x 276mm