Two books in one - with matching dictionary and thesaurus entries on the same page for one-stop lookup.
The revised and updated texts have been compiled using the latest information current English from the Bank of English, our unique and constantly updated 450-million-word database, and reflect today's English.
- Over 44,500 dictionary references and 130,000 thesaurus synonyms.
- Spelling and pronunciation help is given for all irregular and difficult words.
- Up-to-date language notes throughout the dictionary text give advice on English usage.
- The matching thesaurus text gives key synonym first and in bold so the user can see immediately which sense of the word is being referred to.
- The specially-commissioned 'Good Writing Guide' is full of tips and rules on how to write correct and effective English, and gives guidance on spelling, punctuation and grammar.
- Publication Date:
- 01 / 12 / 2002
- 129 x 198mm