What To Grow - How To Grow It.
This new title in the highly successful 'Collins Practical Gardener' series tackles the fine art of cultivating flower beds - from seeds and plugs to glorious carpets of colour and scent!
The book begins with a potted history of the subject of bedding plants. The reader is then guided through all stages of planning, planting and care - how to go about designing a bedding arrangement, whether to buy in plants or propagate yourself, and how to keep your bed looking its best throughout the season. A special section shows how to care for tender perennials so that they last for several years.
The main section of the book is a comprehensive directory of every conceivable bedding plant available. Each entry includes a visual chart listing the best varieties and indicating when to plant, length of flowering season, spread, height, moisture requirements and hardiness. In addition, quick-access care charts provide a hit list of care requirements and problems to look out for.
- Appropriate information for the Australian market
- Extensive cross-referencing of plants that combine well together
- Plants categorized according to ease of growing and whether they are good for pots and hanging baskets as well
- Specially designed care and varieties tables - allowing at-a-glance reference
- Pests and diseases examined in a troubleshooting format
- Specially commissioned photography and a fresh, modern design
- Publication Date:
- 01 / 08 / 2004
- 189 x 246mm