This perfect family reference atlas provides a comprehensive and topical view of today’s world and the issues facing it.
The contents include:
• Highly detailed reference maps, beautifully illustrated thematic pages and thousands of facts and statistics enable the user to know the world.
• 32 pages of highly illustrative world and continental thematic pages provide detailed information on, and interpretations of, major geographical themes and global issues.
• Over 150 pages of highly accurate and fully up-to-date maps with an index of over 50 000 place names (10,000 more than the nearest competitor at this price).
• New spreads include two spreads on environmental threats and protection, world water issues and fascinating ecology spreads on each continent.
• Global issues including the AIDS epidemic, world conflict, climate change and the international drugs trade.
• Comparative satellite images show dramatic examples of environmental change.