Major new edition of this popular pocket-sized atlas fully updated and improved. Revised mapping, updated statistics and the latest interesting facts about the world all included in this atlas.
This new edition of the popular Mini World Atlas has been brought fully up–to–date to reflect all recent global changes. Designed in the distinctive Collins style, this is a detailed guide to the world in a handy format.
Detailed maps, specifically designed for this small format, provide balanced and up–to–date coverage of the world. The maps rely on the latest cartographic technology to ensure their accuracy, accessibility and distinctive style. The level of detail is impressive for such a small format atlas, and the index contains references to over 20,000 place names.
Major updates include;
- Serbia and Montenegro split into 2 independent countries
- New joint capital of Myanmar– Naypyidaw
- Golmud–Lhasa railway in Tibet now open
- Longest cross ocean bridge to the south of Shanghai
- Aral Sea continues to shrink in size
- Big new reservoir in Portugal – Barragem de Alqueva
- Coastal changes in China at mouth of Huang He and at Mouths of Ganges in Bangladesh
- Large number of new road and railways added and over 250 place names changed
- Publication Date:
- 01 / 08 / 2007
- 151 x 106mm