Maternity specialist Dr. Marsden Wagner believes that the gift of life is a natural one. As an expectant mother, you needn't be dependent on pharmaceutical and surgical procedures to ensure a healthy and happy delivery.
'Creating Your Birth Plan' reveals the available options - and the possible risks - you need to know to make informed decisions about the assistance you believe you'll require for childbirth. Designed to encourage collaboration between you and your caregivers, this essential resource includes information on:
- How midwives and physicians differ in their training and approaches during labour
- What to expect when delivering in a hospital, in a birthing centre, or at home
- How to select an advocate to ensure your wishes are honoured by your caregiver
- The natural stages of labour in a problem-free birth
- Explanations of various medical or surgical interventions - and the potential complications and benefits of each o
- Natural alternatives to drugs, technology, and surgery
- The safest labouring practices.
- Publication Date:
- 04 / 06 / 2007
- 152 x 230mm