AuthorsFerdinand von Schirach
155 x 237 x 15mm
Crime is a collection of true crime stories told by one of Germany's most prominent defense lawyers. Some of the cases are strange, some bewildering and others heartbreaking, but all are told with genuine concern for those who have slipped through the protective nets of society.
- What would make a polite, well-liked doctor cut up his wife's with an axe?
- Why would a boy slaughter the sheep in his village?
- Who is the silent man that coolly murdered two neo-Nazis on a suburban train platform?
- What connection does a German bank robber have to an Ethiopian village?
- Why would a museum drop all charges against someone who deliberately smashed one of their statues?
However heinous the crimes, the author shows readers the human at the core. Crime is an incredibly moving look at the legal system and the people it serves, from an expert of criminal law and a powerful new voice in writing.