Edited by Julian Webb.
The Penguin Dictionary of Law is the ideal reference guide for lawyers, students and anyone interested in the workings of the legal system. It gives clear, jargon-free definition of legal terms form abuse of process to youth court as well as providing biographical information on important legal thinkers, from John Locke and Thomas Hobbes to Max Weber and Ronald Dworkin.
* More than 2500 terms explained
* Covers key concepts in English, European and International
* Clear definitions of complex terms such as euthanasia, hearsay evidence, and remoteness of damage
* Included reference to key cases and legislation
* Provided website addresses of important public bodies and legal organisations