With its huge cost-saving potential, digital cinema is the biggest thing to happen to the movies since sound -- this book details how each phase of the digital movie-making process, shooting, postproduction, delivery, and exhibition -- differs from film and provides clear answers to the cost vs. quality controversy.
* Nonlinear editing -- software, basic technique, cost savings
* Digital video color correction
* CGI -- changing the shot after the shoot
* Digital composition for film
* Universal mastering (film, DVD, TV, Internet)
* Digital distribution and exhibition