Cartoons are fun to draw and do not require traditional drawing skills - which means that anyone can draw cartoons once they know some of the tricks of the trade. This book is full of practical ideas and exercises to help you to develop your cartoon drawing skills and to show how you may be able to turn an enjoyable hobby into a profitable enterprise.
Written in an informal and lively style, and illustrated throughout with hilarious cartoons, the book includes helpful advice on:
- Drawing cartoons - from simple characters to comic strips
- Finding funny ideas for cartoons and writing successful jokes
- Developing your own recognisable cartoon style
- Identifying the right markets and preparing your work for print
- Adopting a business-like approach and effective selling techniques