A Practical Approach to the Use of Essential Oils for Health and Well-Being.
This encyclopaedia of remedies and techniques covers every application of aromatherapy from cosmetics and clinical aromatherapy to perfumery, and explains how aromatic oils can be used simply and effectively to treat a wide range of health complaints.
This is a unique and authoritative guide to the principles and practice of aromatherapy. Extensively researched with specially commissioned photographs and illustrations, it is an invaluable and instructive source book on the healing powers of essential oils.
In tracing the history of aromatherapy from its ancient origins right through to its modern revival, Julia Lawless shows how aromatic oils can be used as a wonderfully natural and therapeutic way to promote health and vitality.
This accessible and beautifully illustrated guide covers:
- An introduction to aromatherapy and its relevance to contemporary living
- A comprehensive reference section on the treatment of common complaints
- A unique visual profile of 65 individual oils
- Home aromatherapy: baths, room fragrances, inhalations, and self-massage
- Beauty and skin care treatments
- Aromatherapy during pregnancy and for children
- Perfumery and the art of blending
- Stress management and the psychotherapeutic benefits of aromatic oils
- Publication Date:
- 01 / 04 / 2002
- 192 x 265mm