A Practical Approach to Achieving Optimum Health for Mind, Body and Spirit.
A comprehensive colour guide to yoga, one of the most popular forms of exercise in the world. With easy-to-follow, step-by-step guides to the classic yoga postures, as well as a detailed explanation of all aspects of yoga, this is the essential companion to yoga for students and teachers.
Yoga is practised by millions of people all over the world who have discovered its many benefits to mind, body and spirit, helping them to cope with today's fast-moving, high-pressured society. This extensive guide, fully illustrated throughout, combines practical information on how to perform the various postures, as well as detailed information about yoga itself.
The book includes:
- The history and origins of yoga
- Information of the varied schools of yoga - which one is right for you?
- The benefits of yoga as a 'preventative medicine'
- How to integrate yoga into your daily life.
- Preparing for yoga and the art of relaxation.
- The importance of breathing correctly and how to do it.
- Easy-to-follow, step-by-step guides to yoga postures, complete with specially commissioned 'how-to' photographs.
- How to plan your own yoga program.
Packed with information, advice and full-colour photographs and illustrations, this practical guide is an invaluable aid to improving health and well-being through the postures, exercises and breathing techniques of yoga.
- Publication Date:
- 01 / 05 / 2003
- 192 x 265mm