Did you know that the world's major energy sources of coal, oil and natural gas may run out within the first half of the 21st century? Can we find new fuel supplies, or develop renewable, non-polluting energy sources quickly enough to safeguard our future energy needs? Find out, in this series, if the power of winds, the Sun, rivers and seas can be harnessed on a scale that provides us with the energy that we need for the future.
This book looks at:
- Burning coal, oil and gas to create electricity
- Why oil is regarded as "black gold"
- Finding new sources of non-renewable fuels
- Turning coal into gas to provide energy
- Limiting the pollution from burning fossil fuels
- Publication Date:
- 12 / 07 / 2001
- 220 x 268mm