Did you know that the world's major energy sources of coal, oil and natural gas may run out within the first half of the 21st century? Can we find new fuel supplies, or develop renewable, non-polluting energy sources quickly enough to safeguard our future energy needs? Find out, in this series, if the power of winds, the Sun, rivers and seas can be harnessed on a scale that provide us with the energy that we need for the future.
This book looks at:
- Releasing the atomic energy of uranium
- Turning atomic energy into electricity
- The harmful effects of nuclear radiation
- Storing nuclear wastes safely
- Creating nuclear power from "heavy water"
- Publication Date:
- 08 / 08 / 2001
- 214 x 267mm