Essential Skills for the Information Age.
Using Microsoft Windows 98 - Internet Explorer 5.0.
Beginner Level Users.
Master state-of-the-art computer skills quickly and confidently with the 'Essential Computers' series. These clear and concise step-by-step visual guides are designed to help beginners acquire all the techniques necessary to use today's information technology, from word processing to desktop publishing to setting up e-commerce and researching on the Internet.
'Getting Connected' helps you master the basic skills needed for using the Internet, email and the World Wide Web, and includes:
- Finding the Right Equipment
- Choosing an Internet Service Provider
- Understanding how the World Wide Web Works
- Using a Browser to Explore the Web
- Organising your Web Searches
- Discovering Multimedia on the Web
- Downloading Files
- Using Microsoft Outlook Express
- Chatting on the Web
- Publication Date:
- 04 / 09 / 2000
- 125 x 176mm