Excel Basic Skills: Computing Skills Years 5-6 is the third in a series of 3 books providing a step-by-step approach to learning computing skills. Your child will work through a series of units on a wide range of computing topics.
The book includes:
- Sections on using and looking after your computer, organising files and folders, word processing, keyboarding, databases and spreadsheets, using the Internet and creating graphics.
- Questions to answer from information given
- Exercises to complete on the computer
- Step-by-step instructions
- Sequenced programs of work
- A lift-out answer section.
The activities and projects in this book are aimed at older year 5 and 6 students with previous experience with Windows and Word. Some of the activities are more difficult and will challenge the more able students. Keyboarding skills are integral to nearly all activities on the computer. To achieve a useful typing speed children will need regular practice and a range of additional exercises outside of the scope of this book. Encourage children to experiment with the various tools and programs but establish rules about what they can and can't change. This may include such things as the Desktop colours and pictures.