The finite element method (FEM) is an analysis tool for problem-solving used throughout applied mathematics, engineering, and scientific computing. Finite Elements for Analysis and Design provides a thoroughlyrevised and up-to-date account of this important tool and its numerous applications, with added emphasis on basic theory. Numerous worked examples are included to illustrate the material.
* Akin clearly explains the FEM, a numerical analysis tool for problem-solving throughout applied mathematics, engineering and scientific computing
* Basic theory has been added in the book, including worked examples to enable students to understand the concepts
* Contains coverage of computational topics, including worked examples to enable students to understand concepts
* Improved coverage of sensitivity analysis and computational fluid dynamics
* Uses example applications to increase students' understanding
* Includes a disk with the FORTRAN source for the programs cided in the text