Meyer's Geometry and Its Applications, Second Edition, combines traditional geometry with current ideas to present a modern approach that is grounded in real-world applications. It balances the deductive approach with discovery learning, and introduces axiomatic, Euclidean geometry, non-Euclidean geometry, and transformational geometry. The text integrates applications and examples throughout and includes historical notes in many chapters.
The Second Edition of Geometry and Its Applications is a significant text for any college or university that focuses on geometry's usefulness in other disciplines. It is especially appropriate for engineering and science majors, as well as future mathematics teachers.
* Realistic applications integrated throughout the text, including (but not limited to):
- Symmetries of artistic patterns
- Computer vision
- Computer graphics
- Stability of architectural structures
- Molecular biology
- Pattern recognition
* Historical notes included in many chapters
* Instructor's Manual with solutions available for all adopters of the text