The Handbook includes chapters on all the major industry standards, quick reference tables, helpful appendices, plus a new glossary and list of acronyms. This practical handbook can stand alone or as a companion volume to DeCusatis: Fiber Optic Data Communication: Technological Advances and Trends (February 2002, ISBN: 0-12-207892-6), which was developed in tandem with this book.
* Includes emerging technologies such as Infiniband, 10 Gigabit Ethernet, and MPLS Optical Switching
* Describes leading edge commercial products, including LEAF and MetroCore fibers, dense wavelength multiplexing, and Small Form Factor transceiver packages
* Covers all major industry standards, often written by the same people who designed the standards themselves
* Includes an expanded listing of references on the World Wide Web, plus hard-to-find references for international, homologation, and type approval requirements
* Convenient tables of key optical datacom parameters and glossary with hundreds of definitions and acronyms
* Industry buzzwords explained, including SAN, NAS, and MAN networking
* Datacom market analysis and future projections from industry leading forecasters