This volume, representing a compilation of authoritative reviews on a multitude of uses of statistics in epidemiology and medical statistics written by internationally renowned experts, is addressed to statisticians working in biomedical and epidemiological fields who use statistical and quantitative methods in their work. While the use of statistics in these fields has a long and rich history, explosive growth of science in general and clinical and epidemiological sciences in particular have gone through a see of change, spawning the development of new methods and innovative adaptations of standard methods. Since the literature is highly scattered, the Editors have undertaken this humble exercise to document a representative collection of topics of broad interest to diverse users. The volume spans a cross section of standard topics oriented toward users in the current evolving field, as well as special topics in much need which have more recent origins. This volume was prepared especially keeping the applied statisticians in mind, emphasizing applications-oriented methods and techniques, including references to appropriate software when relevant.
· Contributors are internationally renowned experts in their respective areas
· Addresses emerging statistical challenges in epidemiological, biomedical, and pharmaceutical research
· Methods for assessing Biomarkers, analysis of competing risks
· Clinical trials including sequential and group sequential, crossover designs, cluster randomized, and adaptive designs
· Structural equations modelling and longitudinal data analysis