HARRY POTTER FILM WIZARDRY is the first book to delve into the fascinating and intriguing world of an enormously successful film franchise. The book is fully supported by Warner Bros. who have opened their archives, and is being put together by the very people who created the movies. It will feature interviews with cast members as well as exclusive behind-the-scenes stories from the producer on all seven films, David Heyman, director David Yates, and art director Stuart Craig. The book will feature all of the movies including Part I of The Deathly Hallows, as well as a sneak peek of Part II which premiers Winter of 2011.
Meant to resemble a creaky old spell book from the Harry Potter world, the jacket has a distressed leather look to it, complete with gold stamping. The interior features high-quality close-up pictures of the props, sets, costumes, and effects that bring depth to Harry's world. It is loaded with never-before-seen concept art and photos from Dumbledore's embroidered robes to the sets of Diagon Alley. The book will answer questions such as: How was Dobby created? How was Hedwig trained? How did the filmmakers bring the game of Quidditch to the big screen? In short: How does movie magic happen? It will go beyond the usual moviemaking books by offering reproductions of production memos, notes from the films' producer and art director, cast interviews, and fabulous bells and whistles providing a truly interactive reading experience.
To complete the package, the following special interactive/removable extras will be featured in the book:
- a reproduction of Harry Potter's letter from Hogwarts, contained in a vellum pocket
- a reproduction of the Marauder's Map, featuring multiple, origami-like folds, housed in a vellum pocket
- a pack of documents with a Lockhart Defense Against the Dark Arts exam paper and an OWL exam paper
- a tip-in booklet of Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes Product Catalog
- a pack of posters with a teaser poster for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II and an "Undesirable No. 1" poster, housed in an envelope
- a "Support Cedric Diggory/Potter Stinks" lenticular badge with sticker back, contained in a vellum pocket
- a tip-in of the Quidditch World Cup Brochure
- a tip-in reproduction of die-cut Yule Ball invitation
In sum, HARRY POTTER FILM WIZARDRY will bring fans closer than ever to the magical world of Harry Potter.
- Publication Date:
- 01 / 10 / 2010
- 280 x 235mm