Originally published almost twenty years ago, THE HOMEBREWER'S COMPANION starts where the million-copy-bestselling COMPLETE JOY OF HOMEBREWING leaves off, with expert-level advice, tips, and recipes. This fully revised and updated second edition offers the following:
* A continuation and added detail on the art and science of brewing beer
* Malt and Fermentable adjunct charts brought up to date and websites refererenced for ease of accessing current information. Homebrew Recipes referenced in the description of special ingredients
* More details and fascinating information about hops and what they add to beer; how to use them
* Expanded information on yeast and microbiological critters that can enhance your beer
* Listing of beer styles with references
* 55 beer recipes and 10 mead recipes--ALL recipes reformatted and updated from the original Plus dozens of new recipes--all presented in an easy to use format.
* Understanding and brewing gluten free beer
* Expanded glossary of beer characters and expansion of Beer Evaluation section
*Valuable insight regarding beer and food pairings and cooking with beer.