Your spouse tells you that you don't know what you're talking about - and you explode. Your best friend keeps you waiting half an hour - and you fume. Your hot button has been pushed, and before you know it you have lashed out in rage and anger. A difficult situation is now much worse.
From road rage to marital breakdown, uncontrolled anger seems on the increase. In 'Hot Buttons' Sybil Evans, a leading conflict resolution counsellor, explains that your anger needn't be destructive. She outlines a straightforward 5-step process to help you manage conflict better and bring about an effective solution for everyone involved - yourself included!
You will discover:
- Why anger, both expressed and unexpressed, can lead to serious health problems
- How to determine your conflict style - are you a "peace at all costs" type, or are you an "exploder"?
- How to resolve conflict within a relationship
- How to handle anger within your family and among friends
- How to deal with conflict in the workplace
'Hot Buttons' is an essential handbook for everyone who wants a healthier, more constructive approach to resolving differences in the 21st century.
- Publication Date:
- 12 / 04 / 2001
- 135 x 215mm