The ability to persuade, influence and convince is a vital skill for success in work and life. However, most of us have little idea how to argue well. Indeed, arguing is still seen by many as something to be avoided at all costs, and mostly it's done really badly – or not at all. Yet it's possibly the most powerful and yet most neglected asset you could have.
Discover the art of arguing powerfully, persuasively and positively and you'll have a head start every time you want to:
* Put your point across effectively
* Persuade other people to your way of thinking
* Keep your cool in a heated situation
* Win people over
* Get what you want
* Tackle a difficult person or topic
* Be convincing and articulate
* Have great confidence when you speak
In How to Argue, leading lawyer, husband and father Jonathan Herring reveals the secrets and subtleties of making your case and winning hearts and minds. At home or at work, you'll be well equipped to make everything you say have the desired effect, every time.
- Publication Date:
- 03 / 01 / 2011