Twenty years ago, a therapist could hang up a shingle, make some networking calls, and begin to create a steady stream of referrals. Since then, private practice has changed dramatically. Now therapists everywhere are struggling just to keep their practices going. The need has never been greater for sound business tools for building and marketing a therapy practice. How to Build a Thriving Fee-for-Service Practice is essential reading for newly licensed therapists, seasoned professionals, and others wanting to prepare practitioners for success.
How to Build a Thriving Fee-for-Service Practice guides you from your ideal practice vision through the "how-to" steps to succeed. You will learn that a private practice is, in effect, a small business. Chapters contain solid training to help you not only to survive, but also to thrive in a highly competitive market place. Examples, worksheets, business forms, flow charts, paper and pen exercises, and even assignments in the "real world," expose you to essential materials and ideas.
Coverage includes surveying the needs of one's community, capitalizing on unusual market niches, marketing ideas to build one's practice, creating brochures, widening one's scope and expertise through public speaking, seminars, workshops, and writing, analyzing financial data and projections, tracking client information, and more.
* Contains foreword by American Psychological Association President Dr. Patrick DeLeon
* Provides a crash course in business management for therapists
* Includes examples, worksheets, business forms, and exercises
* Supplies tools for bypassing restrictions of managed care
* Suitable for newly licensed therapists and seasoned professionals
Written by a licensed therapist with over 19 years of experience in private practice, this book is a much-needed reference for mental health practitioners pursuing fee-for-service practice.
* Learn solid training to not only survive, but thrive, in private practice today
* Go from your ideal practice vision through the "how-to" steps to succeed.
* Mobilize yourself into action!
* Market your clinical specialty to attract more cash clients
* Learn how to set realistic practice goals, and track your progress
* Regain your autonomy, income and career satisfaction
* Lean how to communicate the value of your services to the public
* Learn how to give powerful workshops and speaking engagements and write effective community articles
* Turn your specialty into a market niche
* Use the media as a vehicle to give psychology away and gain visibility
* Learn the skills that have never been taught in graduate school--until now
* Lay the foundation for your practice that builds momentum
* Attract new clients through seminars, speaking engagements and published articles
* Build a dynamic referral base
* Re-ignite the passion for your career and love what you do for a living
* Make your practice adaptive, challenging and enjoyable for the rest of your career