A Practical Guide to Making and Using Herbal Remedies to Heal.
The exceptional benefits of herbalism can be plainly felt throughout the whole body, mind, emotions and the inner spirit. One of the oldest and most widespread medical therapies, herbalism is the use of plants to heal the body and enhance well-being, stimulating the body's own natural powers of healing by rebalancing and cleansing it.
This guide looks at the history and origins of herbalism, how herbalism works and the introduction of herbs into the pharmaceutical industry. It includes instructions on how to grow, buy and keep herbs, and on making teas, oils and other methods of application.
This fresh approach to herbal medicine shows you how to make and take herbal preparations for safe and effective home use. Fully illustrated in colour, the beautiful photography shows clearly how to make herbal remedies. Non Shaw's practical guide brings these ancient traditions up to date and provides all the essential information necessary for the natural treatment of family health.
- The history of herbalism across many cultures and traditions
- How herbalism works
- Step-by-step information on how to make all forms of herbal preparations
- Detailed Materia Medica of the most useful herbs for home treatment
- Recipes and advice on using herbs in all areas of life
- Comprehensive reference section on the treatment of common ailments
- Publication Date:
- 01 / 09 / 2002
- 153 x 234mm