'Life streamed through him in splendid flood, glad and rampant, until it seemed that it would burst him sunder in sheer ecstasy and pour fourth generously over the world.' That is how Jack London described Buck, the immensely powerful pet dog turned wolf pack peader in The Call of the Wild.
* The Call of the Wild - is the story of a dog called Buck, kidnapped from his comfortable domestic life to become a tough sled dog in Alaska but ulimately answering 'the call of the wild' to join a wolf pack.
* White Fang - once again explores the theme of contrast between civilization and savagery when a wild wolf cub is brought up by humans only to become a champion fighting dog.
* The Game - revolves around London's favourite sport of boxing. Joe Fleming is a prize fighter and, on the eve of his wedding, his fiance agrees to watch his last ever fight.
* The Scarlet Plague - was first published in 1912 but tells of a disease that wipes out most of the world's population in 2012. The story is set sixty years later as one of the survivors attempts to pass on a lifetime of wisdom and experience to his grandsons.
* The Star Power - is a prison tale in which the main character endures torture sessions, surviving by entering a trance-like state, when he walks among the stars and experiences past lives.