Learning how to paint impressive skies can enable artists to produce landscape paintings that are full of vitality and atmosphere. In this book experienced teacher Ron Ranson provides plenty of practical advice on how to achieve this. He gives guidance on techniques, colour and aspects of composition, as well as tips on working on location and in the studio.
- guidelines on choosing materials and equipment
- descriptions of basic cloud formations
- simply sky exercises
- advice on creating atmosphere
- using a camera to provide good reference
- stage-by-stage demonstration paintings