This book will provide you with all the inspiration and practical tips you need to run a marathon. Whether you are a fun-runner, a first-timer, an improver or a regular the 'Marathon Manual' will be an invaluable companion.
- How to set attainable goals for beginners and improvers
- Adaptable training programme
- Speed endurance training - bettering your times and skills
- Planning a route with challenging terrains
- Building stamina for 26.2 miles - how to avoid "the wall"
- Your kit - what you'll need for the event
- Food and drink - simple rules
- Warm-up and cool-down exercises
- Relaxation techniques for quick recovery
- Calendar of World marathon events
With tips and interviews with top athletes, and advice from top health specialists and coaches, this book is the best resource for all runners.
- Publication Date:
- 01 / 03 / 2001
- 189 x 244mm