This book presents applicable knowledge of technology, equipment and applications, and the core economic issues of micromanufacturing for anyone with a basic understanding of manufacturing, material, or product engineering.
It explains micro-engineering issues (design, systems, materials, market and industrial development), technologies, facilities, organization, competitiveness, and innovation with an analysis of future potential.
The machining, forming, and joining of miniature / micro-products are all covered in depth, covering: grinding/milling, laser applications, and photo chemical etching; embossing (hot & UV), injection molding and forming (bulk, sheet, hydro, laser); mechanical assembly, laser joining, soldering, and packaging.
• Presents case studies, material and design considerations, working principles, process configurations, and information on tools, equipment, parameters and control
• Explains the many facets of recently emerging additive / hybrid technologies and systems, incl: photo-electric-forming, liga, surface treatment, and thin film fabrication
• Outlines system engineering issues pertaining to handling, metrology, testing, integration & software
• Explains widely used micro parts in bio / medical industry, information technology and automotive engineering.
• Covers technologies in high demand, such as: micro-mechanical-cutting, lasermachining, micro-forming, micro-EDM, micro-joining, photo-chemical-etching, photo-electro-forming, and micro-packaging