Computer Concepts and Applications
This book is a companion for students and novices to begin with the computing environment and the tasks associated with productivity software that will be used throughout their education and professional careers. Designed to primarily address the Windows operating system and the 2010 Microsoft Office application suite, it also includes instructions for students using OpenOffice and MacOS platforms.
The focus of this text is to provide new students and those with some experience with the skills needed to proficiently discuss essential computer concepts, navigate and conduct basic tasks using an operating system, and develop files using basic productivity applications. Video tutorials on the DVD will support each chapter by demonstrating the principles presented.
* Designed to address the Windows operating system and the 2010 Microsoft Office application suite
* Integrates the use of both MacOS and OpenOffice into the text to describe the respective concepts in Windows and Microsoft Office
* Includes 4-color design with supplementary video tutorials
* Covers the topic of interoperability of the software packages throughout the text
* Numerous instructor supplements available upon adoption
* Includes a comprehensive DVD with project files, tips, figures, and shortcuts
- Publication Date:
- 02 / 07 / 2012
- 184 x 234mm