Intermediate Level Users.
This book is an extension of Windows NT Server that uses terminal emulation to deliver the Windows experience, and access to Windows-based 16- and 32-bit applications, to diverse hardware. This 'Technical Reference' is designed to help you deploy, support, and maintain this useful new Windows extension in your enterprise. An invaluable resource for IT professionals, the book is packed with practical, previously unpublished information to help streamline and augment Terminal Server deployment.
Expert instruction and insightful examples help you:
- Understand the Windows NT Terminal Server architecture and core components
- Plan and manage Terminal Server deployments
- Configure, administer, and performance-test new installations
- Test application performance and compatibility
- Understand third-party software and future enhancements
- Benefit from the Microsoft Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) client architecture
The accompanying CD-ROM includes a 120-day evaluation version of Terminal Server.
- Publication Date:
- 01 / 01 / 1999
- 188 x 237mm