Falling in love is tough enough. The real challenge is falling out of love.
First there's the anger and rejection. Then comes depression, the old movies, and the melancholy love songs. We all know that breaking up is hard to do, but it doesn't have to be the end of the world.
'Moving On' is the first and only guide designed specifically for the gay man who is undergoing - or has undergone - the break-up of a loving partnership. From the legal, social, and spiritual issues to the political, personal, and sexual dynamics of gay separation, here is essential reading for any man who's ever asked . . .
- Is there something wrong?: Warning signs to look for during the slow dissolve.
- Who can I turn to?: Finding support if friends and family label your break-up as "inevitable".
- Who gets what?: Considering the legal consequences of gay "divorce" - when the law doesn't.
- Can't we just be friends?: Turning romantic relationships into successful platonic ones.
- Will I ever fall in love again?: Learning to open your heart again - without repeating the mistakes of the past.
Filled with sensible, heartfelt advice from someone who's been there and bounced back, 'Moving On' offers the courage and support you need for a renewed and fulfilling life - by yourself or with the new man of your dreams.
- Publication Date:
- 20 / 07 / 1999
- 140 x 207mm