"Natural Immunity" is a broadly-based account of the activities of the evolutionarily conserved molecules, cells and processes of the natural immune system. This encompasses the early host protection against microbes (bacteria and viruses) and tumours, prior to the generation of the adaptive immune response, diverse major current pathologies including inflammatory and autoimmune diseases, and key roles in essential physiological processes such as reproduction and wound healing.
* The first comprehensive book on natural immunity
* Reviews new topics, effects of behaviour, aging, and exercise, and diet on natural immunity
* Highlights the physiological role of natural immunity
* Focuses on the relationship of the neuroendocrine system with natural immunity
* Brings together the diversity and complexity of natural immune system activity