Beginner - Intermediate Level Users.
This revised edition introduces users to Oracle9i, which offers many improved features for managing and monitoring databases, and also covers the companion tool Oracle Enterprise Manage (OEM version 2.x).
In this book, the author takes the complexity out of the features available in Oracle9i and Enterprise Manager version 2.2 and makes them easy to understand. She'll cover the most important features of Oracle9i, including how to:
- Change a table's structure more easily and convert long datatype columns to LOB datatype quickly with the Alter Table command;
- Configure and schedule backup and recovery more easily through new features of the Recovery Manager tool;
- Fix mistakes with self-service error recovery (supported through a new feature of SQL itself);
- Use Flashback query, a tool to query past states of the database;
- Get the most out of the Virtual Private Database, and much more.
- Publication Date:
- 01 / 11 / 2001
- 234 x 188mm