The meaning of 'organic' is changing fast‚ becoming more and more an umbrella term for all things environmental: from ethical consumerism‚ waste recycling and self-sufficiency to new trends in wildlife-friendly‚ sustainable and forest gardening. The Organic Garden shows how these popular new areas of green living are relevant to the ordinary gardener and demonstrates simple‚ achievable ways in which you can use these ideas to transform your garden.
* Essentials of organic practice
* Gardening for wildlife and ornament
* Gardening for food
* Ethical choices at the garden centre
* Shed's Dead - how to create an ecological shed and explore alternatives for outdoor living
* Gardening beyond the garden - allotments‚ conservation volunteering‚ community gardening
* Climate change and today's gardener